FAT must be witnessed by the Consultant (designer) and the Superintending Officer and often accompanied by the Client to ensure that the products are manufactured in accordance to the tender specification. The various tests which have been specified in the Tender Specifications are to be carried out and witnessed by theproject team. The tested values obtained during the FAT must be as specified by the contractor in the tender submission (with standard tolerances allowed for by IEC standards).
Last Tuesday, I had a chance to attend a FAT on Chiller Switchboard of one of our projects. The FAT was carried out at the Energy Commission-approved Switchboard Manufacturer in Serdang.
The following Factory Inspections/Checks were carried out :
1. Physical Inspection of the switchboard (Type of switchboard, thickness, Form of Segregation, etc.);
2. The specification of the accessories (MCCB sizes (normal rating, kA-rating, class), type and cable sizes, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Digital Power Meter (DPM), protection relays (OC, EF, ELR), CTs (ratios, class & burden), Voltage Surge Suppressor (VSS);
3. Grounding bar inside the switchboard (50mm x 3mm);
4. Size of Main Busbar (R, Y, B & N) where current density < 1.5A/sq. mm. 5. Functional Tests on the Circuit Breakers, Contactors, Relays, etc. 6. Dielectric Test on Busbars (Pressture Test using 2000Vdc for 1 minutes between Phase-Neutral, Phase-Earth).
5. Checking the operation of Power Factor Regulator and verify the sizes of capacitors installed;
6. Checking the Current Transformers (Ratio, Class, Burden);
7. Ensure that the labelling at each MCCB is correct
Upon completion of all tests, the test certificates were signed by parties witnessing the FAT.
Taman Serdang Baru, Serdang, Selangor.